Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Stealing : Write from Karen

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on the WTIT Blog with Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. Cheers to all of us thieves!


 These questions from Karen at Write from Karen.  Karen is married and mom of two grown sons.  She says, "I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Writing Well. (I also believe in our Constitution – Don’t Tread on my Rights, Yo)"


1. What’s the coolest item you’ve found at a garage sale, flea market, etc? A tribal Moroccan style 

one piece dress.

2. Describe how your day went yesterday. Started Work at 5:30a.m. off at 3p.m, back home and went

 out to pub, kebab takeaway for dinner then back to bed at 11p.m. 

3. Do you have issues with people entering your personal space? What do you do when your personal space is violated? I'm fine with mom just come in to have a little bit of cleaning but not when I feel like losing my privacy.

 I'll be open and really speak to that person when my personal space is violated.

4. What is the one meal recipe you think you’ve mastered? Spring roll (Cantonese style).


5.  If you could take back something you did to someone, what would it be? Spoke to my Dad 

in a really rude way, ages ago but still crystal clear on my mind.

6. Would you describe yourself as spiritual, religious, or something else? R
eligious.

7. Did you ever receive detention in school? What sort of kid were you in school – bookworm, smart kid, troublemaker, quiet … etc. I was the head girl at school, every teacher likes me LOL !!

8. When’s the last time you ran a mile? How often do you exercise? Can't really remember seriously, 

I rarely do exercise now but stretching.

9. What would you say to your 16-year-old self, and why? You should have gone to England earlier.

10. What are you avoiding? Avoiding talk to someone who wastes my energy. Hahaa

11. Describe a “Hah! I told you so” moment you had recently. Sometimes when I speak to my boyfriend,

I always feel like this way, can't think of an exact incident but yea, it's always with him. Or at workplace, with my colleagues dealing on some cases. 

12. What’s more important, where you live or what you do for a living? Why? I'd say both but 

actually where you live. 

13. Swear words: Are you pro or con? Why? I don't swear. 

14. Paper or plastic? Do you prefer to pack your own groceries? I think paper bags

 look more vintage however it breaks so easily, and here in England/Hong Kong they both charge a tax on plastic bag. 

15. Do you have a shoe fetish? How often do you buy new shoes? Do you ever get rid of a pair of shoes?

No, I'm very keen on collecting shoes; 2 pairs of high heels, 1 pair of trainers, 1 Toms, 1 pair of Sandals, 1 pair of boots....lol

6 comments:

  1. Those spring rolls look delicious. I don't know what happened to your post, but the right hand side of the box they are in is too narrow or something. Any answer that extended to two lines got a word or two cut off at the end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know!! I think it's my layout..will fix it next time:)

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love spring rolls. Taxing plastic bags...that's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls and I used to make spring rolls together. We did this up until a few years ago when we'd visit. It is always fun.
    I'm glad you are in England. I hope your family comes to visit you, too. And stays..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family did come to England to visit me nad my sis for 2 times :P and I back to HK for Chinese new year !!!
      Have a nice week!!

      Delete
  4. Ha, we both have our "told you so moments" with the men in our lives.

    ReplyDelete